August 18, 2014

Outfit Post: 9th & Elm

In the end-of-summer season, bright, solid hues pack an especially powerful punch. I gravitate towards gem tones, which nicely complement dark hair and fair skin. However, I would say that gem tones have the ability to flatter anyone. It's simply a matter of finding the right hue.

This bold dress from independent designer marketplace 9th & Elm is significantly brighter in person than it looks online, much to my delight. (It is not quite as rich as a gem tone, but vibrant enough to fit in the family.) I am an unabashed fan of colorful prints and patterns, so a solid-colored dress is a refreshing addition to my wardrobe.

The wonderful thing about bright, solid colors is that they stand on their own. They command enough attention that accessorizing can (and should) be minimal. That means less work for you when it comes to getting dressed in the morning. Who would complain?



Dress and ring courtesy of 9th & Elm, clutch by Anya Hindmarch (similar styles here).

Click here to read more about 9th & Elm, and click here to browse their assortment of mini boutiques, which feature handmade goods and independent designers.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, the design is gorgeous! I'm a brand new blogger, still working on getting started, but I'm looking to network and meet other bloggers! Just wanted to say hi! :)

    http://sollalune.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics Maya, the blue looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete